Tuesday, September 8, 2009

En101 (First Blog)

God never ceases to amaze! Maybe this mystery is eternal; never ending? On one Christmas morning, there was one big Christmas gift under the full-sized green and lighted tree and I knew it was just for me because I got up extra early and spotted it out. I read my name on the tag and I couldn’t help but leap for joy! Now, the tradition of my family was that we first had to open our stockings. As any little boy would, I rushed through that stocking so I could see what was in the big box. I really didn’t care about the stocking! I wanted the tractor or the latest dinosaur! Likewise we so many times want to run onto the big gift instead of finding joy in the stockings God has for us. I learned as I got older that stockings were more precious. In the stockings were little knickknacks. Family jokes originated in the stockings such as toilet paper or lots of deodorant. Stockings became priceless. It’s the little things God gives us that truly matter. He gave me strength today. He woke me up this morning! Science can’t even explain how I am being held together yet this great mysterious God allows it to happen every single day. It’s the little things. If you are always striving for the big “breakthrough” you will miss out on the things that are priceless in your walk with God. So many Christians ask, “Why haven’t I had the breakthrough?” or “When will I see change?” maybe God first wants you to open up your stocking?

No comments:

Post a Comment